How to install Kodi on PS3 without any issues. Guide for Kodi PS3 Download process is easy to understand.
The PlayStation is a very popular home gaming console and it has been around for quite some time. One of the most successful editions was the PlayStation 3 or better known as PS3. Kodi is a great media player and we are going to discuss how on Install Kodi on PS3.
PS have media support, so many fans of the app would think whether it is possible to install Kodi on PS3 or not. It is one of the best media players out there. It also doubles as a media streaming app so that you could access the many sources for media on the internet.
A large majority of the gamers use the PlayStation for their basic gaming needs. So, it is imperative that we check out if you can install Kodi on PS3 or not. Let’s see if we can or not.
Kodi on PS3 – Is it possible?
Kodi is available for most of the operating systems like Android, iOS, Window, and even Linux and much more. But PlayStation is not a platform that you can use Kodi PS3 on. The security measures on a PS are pretty tight, so the developers have been trying but with little luck.
We have an alternative ready because we wouldn’t have written if we didn’t have to show anything for it. Plex falls in the same category as Kodi PS3 and it is almost as popular as the former, if not more. Here’s how you can install it.
- Fire up your PS3 and Open the PlayStation Store.
- On the Home screen, you will be able to see the “Apps” option.
- Select the “Popular Apps” section and rifle through it till you find an app called “Plex”.
- Click on its icon and open its description page. There you will see the download button below the app’s icon.
- You have to click it and the download will start. As soon as the download is complete, it will be installed automatically.
- Make an account if you don’t have one already from here on your PC.
- After logging in, you will get a code and a link.
- Visit the link and sign in using the account credentials.
- Type code and click on “LINK”. You will get an “App linked” message.
- Install Plex on your Android device from the Google Play and sign in with your Account.
- Go to system and open Settings. Enable the following options: Network Discovery, Show Camera Roll, and Advertise as a server.
- Now, connect both the PS3 and your Android device to the same network and you will be able to view the media files of your Android device on the PS3.
That’s it, folks, you can now use Plex and watch as many Movies and TV Shows as you like. It is the best alternative to Kodi on PS3.
We are now at the conclusion of the article on Kodi on PS3. But unfortunately, the app is totally free and Sony doesn’t allow to such apps on the PS. So, you have to make do with Plex which is also a great app. If you have any queries, then you can contact us at Kodi.