Install Kodi on iPhone without Jailbreak method is published in this guide. Download Kodi for iPhone with all the official files and steps are provided here.
Kodi is a very popular media streaming app and it has very powerful features. Easily one of the most versatile media streaming apps ever, it ranks high on the list of the best media streaming apps of all time. It is available for practically every platform, but we are going to focus on Kodi for iPhone.
Formerly XBMC, Kodi is a great media player that can easily play any format of audio and video you throw at it. You can play video, audio, view pictures, listen to the radio, Live TV, and a lot of other things. There are a ton features that makes Kodi a media streaming device.
Some may say that you can’t use Kodi for iPhone to play a video or music on an iPhone or an iPad. But don’t believe everything you hear. There is definitely a way to install it on an iOS device. And iOS users have the option to install it with and without jailbreak. Let’s see how.
Kodi for iPhone with Jailbreak
iPhone is an Apple device and Apple has been known to impose some pretty serious policies. Making iOS apps is a bit tough and getting them up on the iTunes App Store. But for some reason, Kodi for iPhone didn’t make it to the App Store. It is available for iOS, but you have to adopt some other method.
|Updated on||Aug 22, 2017|
|Download Size||84.66 MB|
|App by||XBMC Foundation|
The first and easier method is by installing Kodi for iPhone with the help of Cydia. Yeah, you need to have a jailbroken iOS device in order to perform this method. If you have a jailbroken iOS Device, you may as well use this method as it is easy and reliable.
- For a jailbroken device, chances are that Cydia is already installed on it. If it’s not, then download it from cydiapro.com
- Once you have downloaded the app, install it and open it.
- Tap on “Sources” and then click on “Add at the top-left corner of the screen.
- A small window will pop-up with an empty field to enter a URL.
- Type the following URL in the field: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios
- Tap on the Add Source button once you have entered the URL.
- Cydia will verify the URL and do its thing. Tap on “Return to Cydia”.
- There will be a new source in the list called “Team Kodi”.
- Tap on it and you will two options. You will see “All Packages” and “Multimedia”.
- If you don’t see multimedia, tap on edit and turn it on.
- Go back, tap on Multimedia, and then tap on Kodi iOS.
- Now, tap on “Install” in the top-right corner and the installation will start.
The app size will be there on the screen and the installation will just take a couple of minutes, max. You will be able to see the progress on screen. Once it is over, click Return to Cydia and tap the home button. You will find the icon of Kodi on the home screen. Tap on the icon and enjoy its services.
Kodi iOS without jailbreak
The non-jailbreak process is a bit lengthy. But if you don’t want to go down the easy jailbreak path, then this is the best bet for you. Before we start with this method, there are three things you are going to have at your disposal. They are all free to download but you may want to make a donation to DanTheMan827 when you download the App Signer.
First of all, you need the Kodi for iPhone .deb file for the installation. You can get it from here and of course, it is available for free. After that, download the iOS App Signer from the Github link. Click on the “Download v1.9” button and then unzip the file. Ultimately, download XCode from the iTunes App Store on your Mac.
Save the deb file on the desktop and install both the software on your Mac. Then, we may start the process of installing Kodi for iPhone.
- Plug your iPhone or whatever iOS device you have into your Mac.
- Open XCode and click on “Create a New Project”. Highlight “Application” on the left side of the panel and the select “Single View Application”. Click “Next” and go to the next step.
- In the dialog box that appears, fill in the product name as Kodi.
- Type something unique in the organization identifier name. eg. com.[your_name]. The rest of the fields will already be filled on their own. Click “Next”.
- Pick a location to save the repository. Might as well save it on the Desktop to make the rest of the process easy.
- An error message will appear in the middle of the screen. Just click on “Fix this issue” and then click “Add…” on the next window. Type in your Apple ID and sign in.
- XCode will ask you to select a Development team to fix the issue. There will be only one team, so go ahead and choose it. XCode will resolve the issue in a few seconds.
- Now, open the App Signer by clicking the icon that you saved when you unzipped the file.
- In the Input file field, you have to select the Kodi for iPhone deb file. Click on Browse, navigate to where you saved the file and select it.
- For the provisional profile, select the profile that you created in step 4. Then click on start.
- Give a name to the file to be saved and a location. Click on “Save” and the iOS App Signer will unpack the data and save the file.
- Return to XCode and click on “Windows” and then select “Devices”. On the panel on the left side, select your device. There will be a plus sign near the middle of the screen towards the bottom side. Click on it and select the .ipa file that the iOS App Signer generated.
- Click on Open and it will install Kodi iOS on your iPhone.
Once it is over, detach your iOS device and you will see that you have the Kodi icon on the home screen. Tap on it to open the app and you will be able to use the app in its full glory. This was the method by which you can install Kodi for iPhone without jailbreaking your device.
Kodi for iPhone Features
Kodi for iPhone is an open source software and it was developed by the XBMC Foundation. Furthermore, it is available on more platforms than just iOS. But the application is one and the same for all of them. It has been around since 2002, making this its 15th year of operation. The features for all the platforms are the same and the developers have been increasing the features with each update.
The latest version is Kodi Krypton 17.4 and it is loaded with great features. Here in this section, we will inform you about all the features in a systematic manner.
Audio and Video
Kodi for iPhone can play media from your internal storage drive. You can even play media from external disk drives. Installing Add-ons give users options like playing media from online sources. And let me assure you that there is no dearth of audio and video add-ons on the internet. There are literally so many sources that you can find anything that you are looking for. Kodi iOS also has the option to download media if you like.
Formats: Kodi for iPhone supports video formats like MPEG-4 SP, HEVC, apart from all the common formats that are found around. It can play almost every audio format available without even breaking a sweat. Some of the supported audio formats are MIDI, AIFF, AAC+, ALAC, DTS, and AC3. Aside from that, it can also play physical media like the CDs, DVDs, local HDDs, Pen Drives, and even BluRay Discs.
Add-ons and Plug-ins
Kodi allows third-party developers to make add-ons so that users can install them for more features. These add-ons allow users to stream online sources for audio and videos. There are several other plug-ins available for skins and themes, screensavers, weather forecasts, and much more.
Metadata and scrapers: If you recently downloaded some media like a song or a movie without metadata, then Kodi has got you covered. Kodi iOS has the functionality to download all the missing metadata like cover art, artist name, synopsis, cast, etc. These scrapers “scrape” detailed information from various sources on the internet for Movies and TV Shows as well.
Skins and Themes: Some of the users like to customize the apps they use. For that reason, there are vast options to change the theme in Kodi iOS. Just install a theme from one of the repos and see the experience change before your eyes.
These were most of the features of Kodi on iPhone. Surely, there are other features like Live TV and DVR recording, etc, but you will get to know more about them once you start using the app.
We end our post on Kodi for iPhone Download and Install. We have given both jailbreak and non-jailbreak methods of installing the app on iOS devices. If you happen to face any issues while installing the app, then you may contact us at Kodi.