Official guide on how to install Kodi on PS4 with the direct download method. Kodi PS4 is easy to use with the steps given in this guide.
Kodi is a very great app for playing media and is also a great media streaming app. It has gained massive popularity over the years and a bunch of awards as well. Today, we have a special topic with us here. We will be talking about how to Install Kodi on PS4 in this how-to-guide.
PlayStation is a name that needs no introduction in the world of gaming. It is arguably the best gaming console available right now. It came out in November 2013 as a successor to the highly successful PS3. Kodi PS4 is a very well-known media player and streaming app.
In this tutorial, we are going to see whether it is possible or not to install and use Kodi on PS4. Keep on reading to know how to play your favorite media on your PS4.
How to Install Kodi on PS4?
Kodi is actually available for multiple operating systems like Windows, iOS, MacOS, Android, etc. But gaming consoles are pretty tight and the manufacturers don’t allow some apps. Well, Kodi PS4 got the short end of the stick and couldn’t make it to the PlayStation Store.
But that won’t be a problem because there is a similar app available for the PS4. It is called Plex and we will install it instead of Kodi on PS4. So, let’s get started.
- Start up your PS4 and open the PlayStation Store.
- In there, you will find many options like Movies, TV Shows, Sony Rewards, Extras, etc.
- There will also be a search bar at the top of the screen. Open it and type “Plex” and hit enter.
- You can find it this way or you can go to “Popular Apps” and find it from there.
- Once you find it, you have to click the “Download” button. The download will start and the installation will begin consequently.
- This is half the process. After that, open your PC and make a Plex account from here.
- Once you have made the account, it will show you a link and a code.
- Visit the link on your PC and enter the code that it showed you. Click “LINK” after entering the code.
- This will prompt a message saying “App Linked”.
- Install Plex on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Log into your account that you just created. Open settings and head over to System.
- From the options that you see there, enable these: Advertise as a server, Show Camera Roll, and Network Discovery.
- Now for the last step, you need to connect your Android device and the PS4 to the same Network.
After that, you will be able to view media from your Android device on your PS4. I am sure without any doubt that Plex will be a proper alternative to Kodi on PS4.
With these, we have now found a proper alternative to Kodi on PS4. Our article also ends with the process of installing Plex on your PS4. I hope that the process was enough to make you understand the specifics the app. If you have any queries, then contact us at Kodi.