Kodi App is an open source software which is used as a media player, we have provided all the guides and tutorials related to Kodi on this website.
There are some really cool apps in the market that provide media and entertainment services for free to its users. Of them, there is no doubt that Kodi steals the show as it is an open source app that allows free media streaming and download capabilities.
One of the most advantageous aspects of this app is that it is most flexible. Kodi is available for varied Operating System devices including Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi, Windows, Linux, and others. With Kodi on these devices, the users can watch videos, TV shows, and Movies for free by directly streaming on the player or downloading them.
You have reached the official page with all the details relating to Kodi App as an open source media player. Go through the details to learn more about Kodi for Android, Kodi iOS, Kodi for PC & Mac OS, and more.
About Kodi App – Brief Introduction
Most of the users who have been searching for the good movie streaming apps from a long time must have heard about XBMC. XBox Media Center Foundation is the developer of XBMC Software that was an original form of Kodi. Later the developers changed the name to Kodi as we know it today. Kodi has grown in terms of characteristics and evolved with different features to testify the use of modern devices.
As we told you, the app is an open source software that can be amended flexible for different OS devices. This is why there are so many versions that keep developing and upgrading the system to make the app work better. Kodi supports all kinds of media streaming capabilities like music, videos, podcasts, movies, etc. It makes use of the online resources that are secure for viewing and hearing the content.
Its resources include content from YouTube, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Pandora, Crackle, etc. Kodi App is highly customizable due to the options of various skins, different plugins, and Addons that allows users to access content in a custom manner. Due to the simple generic coding of C++ language, the app is applicable to have cross-platform advantages. There are several devices that share the app and we will describe the details of the same next.
Kodi APK Download for Android
With the increase in smartphone users, there are more and more Android device users these days. User band increase on Android platform also makes app development for the same to rise. Considering apps for media streaming, Kodi plays a vital role for most of the Android device users. It is easy to get the app on the device. Furthermore, it supports the visual compatibility of the devices so that users can enjoy better entertainment experiences.
We have two methods for the Android device users to access the Kodi App download. Go through both as given below and make your choice wisely;
Method 1: Kodi APK Download method
- This is the manual Installation of the Kodi APK file on your Android device. To go about this process, you will have to download the APK file first.
- Use this link here to download the Kodi APK on your Android device.
- Before you jump to the installation phase, you are required to make the configuration changes on the device.
- Go to the device settings and enter “Applications” menu there.
- You will have to tap on the “Unknown Sources” option to enable it.
- Then, return to the APK file and tap on it. You will be able to access the “Install” tab so click on that to start the process.
- Once the installation completes, the users will be able to enjoy the app fully.
Method 2: Google Play Store method
- In this method here, the app installation will be automatic. Users simply need to access the Google Play Store app on their Android devices for this.
- Launch the Play Store and make sure that you have a Gmail account linked to it.
- Then, search for the Kodi App and tap on “Install” to begin the installation.
- Allow the app store to install the app and the process will complete in no time.
So, these are the two methods by which users can get the Kodi App for Android devices. The latter is more faster and convenient of you have the updated Play Store app on your device. Now, we will continue with the description for downloading Kodi on iPhone/iPad devices.
Steps for Kodi iOS Download
Just as the Android market is getting bigger, the competition, on the other hand, is also fierce. We have the iOS devices that are equally strong in terms of demand and user band. They have great official apps and Kodi is one that makes a place for itself on the iOS device app’s list. However, it is not available as of yet on the iTunes App Store.
So, there are two alternative methods that we can make use of, to access the Kodi iOS app on your iPhone/iPad device. Go through the methods first and then decide on which one suits you best;
Method 1: Cydia Impactor method
- For carrying out this method, users need to access Cydia browser download. This link here will provide the users with that.
- Once the Cydia App is installed, launch it and search for “Kodi App” there.
- The official download page for Kodi will open up and access the Kodi iOS download tab.
- Then. allow the download and installation to take place.
- Once the installation completes, you will be able to use the app freely.
Method 2: DEB File Download method
- This method applies to iOS device user whose device is Jailbroken. They can use Cydia or any other browser on their device to access the iFile download for your device.
- Users need to access the Kodi DEB file that will allow installation of the app on their Jailbreak iPhone/iPad. Here is a link for direct access to the file.
- Now, you will have to open DEB file using the iFile application.
- This will trigger the installation of the app on your iPhone/iPad device.
- After the process completion, reboot your device and you will see Kodi App ready for use.
So, these were the methods and steps to carry out each of them to get through the Kodi iOS setup. The steps may seem to be complicated by they are easy and both the methods have been tested for effectiveness. Execute the process as given in this post.
Kodi for PC Download Procedure
Enjoying free media content on the smartphone devices may seem to be more exciting but it does not last for long. Users soon realize the greater issues with the same due to battery problems, visual limitations due to the size of the display and moreover, storage problems for content.
To overcome these, there is the PC version of Kodi for users to enjoy. Watching the movies and TV shows on your PC laptop will allow you to enjoy better visuals and support more storage facility. Moreover, there are users who just wish to deliberately enjoy the media content on PC devices instead of the smartphones.
So, this section is dedicated to those users who wish to enjoy Kodi for PC devices. Luckily, we have two methods for Kodi PC setup too. Read through the same as given below;
Method 1: Official Kodi App Installation
- By official, we mean that the file exists compatible with the Windows devices. We are talking about installation using the “EXE” file.
- Here is the link to download the Kodi App .exe file for your PC.
- Finally, when the installation process ends, select “Finish” option to close the wizard. Now you will be able to enjoy Kodi on PC device.
Method 2: Android Emulator (Bluestacks) method
- Users can make use of this method if they wish to enjoy other Android apps too on their PC device. We will use Bluestacks emulator to run the Kodi APK file on the PC.
- Use this link to access the Bluestacks application download first.
- Install the application on your device and then launch it there.
- You will be able to search for the Kodi App just like on the Google Play Store.
- Allow the installation to take place via the Bluestacks program.
- At the end of the process, you will see the icon of Kodi App in “All Apps” section of Bluestacks.
Both of the methods have their flexibilities. We prefer having the official PC version of the app for Kodi but the emulator can be used for installation of many other Android apps too. So, make your choice and follow the steps accordingly to enjoy the best of digital entertainment.
Download Kodi for Mac OS
After discussing the points for the Kodi PC version, we will surely not let down the Mac OS device users. In this section, we will describe how Mac OS device users can get a piece of that action. As Kodi App supports iOS platform, it also supports Mac OS platform.
The latest version of Kodi App is compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 version. So, for the app setup, there are few steps that you need to carry out accordingly. Follow the steps as listed below to complete the process;
- Firstly, you need to launch the Safari browser on your Mac Book device.
- Access the main website of Kodi Download there. Our readers can use this link to reach there directly.
- You will see that there is a list of OS platforms among which you can select “Mac OS” as is our choice at the moment.
- A pop-up window will indicate other options of compatible versions for your device. Select either as per your choice.
- The dmg file will download to your Mac OS device on the selection of the appropriate version.
- It will be a zip file format that you can double click and extract. Select the dmg file and drag it to the folder labeled “Applications” on the screen.
- This will trigger the installation of the app on the Mac OS device.
Once the process completes, you will be able to enjoy the free content on your Mac OS device easily. We know that Mac devices are great at supporting higher resolutions for better visuals and also adequate battery saving. Hence, Kodi meets the perfect fit with the Mac Book devices.
Kodi App Features
After understanding various device setups for the Kodi App, we would like to brief you on the features of the application. We know that knowing the app inside out will make you feel more enthusiastic to have it. For this reason, we are clearly defining some of the major features that the applicant possesses;
- The most significant factor is to notice that the service by Kodi App is completely free. All the content on the app is free for users to access. There is no need to register or pay for viewing or downloading the media files.
- Users can easily search for their desired media files like movies, TV shows, music, videos, etc.
- The format of visuals and audio are such that all devices can play them easily. Moreover, Kodi is a media player itself that can play your device’s media content.
- There are various categories and genres of content that may help the users to look for the specific kind of media they wish to see.
- Kodi allows users to cast the display to TV screens via the Chromecast support. This gives the users a better viewing experience with Kodi enabled content.
- Also, there are anime and cartoons that the users can watch via different channels on kodi platform.
Hence, all these basic features are plenty to describe the information that we wanted you to know about Kodi App. Once you access this app, you will not look at any other app the same way.
Finally, this brings us to the end of our post on Kodi App – Open Source Media Player – Official Site here. To contact us for more information, you can reach here. We will be happy to help you out with your queries too.